Free Webinar Recording of Office for Civil Rights (OCR) Update on HIPAA and COVID-19 and recent OCR actions related to the pandemic
The HHS Office for Civil Rights (OCR) hosted a webinar on April 24, 2020, for health IT stakeholders on HIPAA privacy and security issues related to COVID-19 and recent OCR actions related to the pandemic.
- Timothy Noonan, Deputy Director for Health Information Privacy, OCR
- COVID-19 and Permissible Disclosures under the HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Enforcement Discretion and Guidance for Telehealth Remote Communications
- Guidance for Disclosures to First Responders and Public Health Authorities
- Enforcement Discretion for Business Associates to Use and Disclose PHI for Public Health and Health Oversight Activities
- Enforcement Discretion for Community-Based Testing Sites