Why Companies & Individuals Need Social Engineering Security Awareness Training?
FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center annual report says in 2019 US victims lost $3.5 billion, which does not include unreported losses. The benefits of investing in social engineering security awareness training outweigh the cost of a leak or breach. The following are some of the potential repercussions should your business fall victim to a cyber-attack:
- Loss of revenue
- Reputation damage
- Loss of clients
- Operational disruptions
- Intellectual property (IP) cyber theft
- Theft of personally identifiable information (PII)
- Compromised client data, sensitive business information, and equipment
This training is the first line of defense and can help the company prevent the above-mentioned problems.
Who should take this Cyber Security Awareness Training?
Technology alone cannot protect you from cybercrime threats. Criminals tend to go where security is weakest. Humans are considered the weakest link in the chain. Humans are a link in the chain & the first line of defense.
This course is specifically designed for today’s computer users who a substantial portion of their time using the Internet extensively to work, study and play.
- Business owners
- Individuals applying for the first job in their life
With kids having access to the internet through cell phones, laptops, iPads & tablets at home, kids must take this training as criminals can use different techniques to hack into your home network, possibly leading to a breach.
Certified CyberSecurity Awareness Professional Course Objectives
The purpose of the CCAP certification program is to provide individuals with the essential knowledge and skills to protect their information assets against social engineering. This class will immerse students in a learning environment where they will acquire a fundamental understanding of various computer and network security threats. Some examples include identity theft, online phishing scams, virus and backdoors, emails hoaxes, loss of confidential information, hacking attacks, and social engineering. More importantly, the skills learned from the class help students take the necessary steps to mitigate their security exposure.
After completing this training:
- Users will be aware of what “information security” means
- Users will be aware of the types of information (e.g. confidential, private, sensitive, etc.) they are responsible for safeguarding
- Users will be aware of the forms and locations of the information they are responsible for safeguarding
- Users will be aware of how to safeguard against unauthorized access to information, information systems, and secure facilities/locations.
- Users will be aware of how to safeguard against unauthorized use of information and information systems
- Users will be aware of best practices related to securely storing information
- Users will be aware of best practices related to securely disposing and sanitizing information and information systems.
- Users will be aware of the meaning of “threat” with regards to information security
- Users will be aware of common “threat actors” and their motivations.
- Users will be aware of the meaning of “risk” & “attack” with regards to information security
- Users will be aware of how to identify indicators for common attacks
- Users will be aware of how to respond to and report on common attacks or suspicious activity
What Does the Certified CyberSecurity Awareness Professional Course Cover?
The course includes the following subject areas:
- Security Training and Its importance
- How does this training help?
- Breach Cost
- Bad Actors
- What is information security, risk, threats, attacks
- Information security: CIA
- Information security controls
Our Working Conditions
- Working Remotely
- Smart devices
- Threat Target – Humans
- Caller ID Spoofing
- One ring Phone scam
- IP Spoofing
- URL Spoofing
- Email address Spoofing
- IoT/Home Security
- Security While Traveling
Physical Security Concerns
- Dumpster Diving
- Portable Media Devices
- Email communications
- Phishing scams & Threats
- Deceptive Phishing
- Whaling / CEO Fraud
- W2 Phishing
- Search Engine Phishing
- Spear Phishing
- Dropbox Phishing
- Google Docs Phishing
- Image Phishing
- Protect against Identity Theft
- Examples of Social Engineering
- Personal Social Media
- Business Social Media
- Social Media & “BYOD”
- Computer viruses
- Trojan horses
- Signs of infection
- Password: Guidelines and Best Practices
- Two-factor Authentication
- Guidelines and Best Practices
- Is the link safe?
- Hover mouse before clicking
- Downloading safely
- VOIP Communications
- Advantages & disadvantages
- Phone scams
System and Device Security
- Operating System and Device Security
- Mobile devices
About the Exam
This course will prepare a candidate to sit for the CCAP Examination. Here is the essential information about the exam:
- Prerequisite: None
- Testing Center: Time-bound online tests can be taken from anywhere
- Number of Questions: 30
- Passing score: 80%
- Test duration: 30 Min
- Test Format: Multiple Choice
- Certificate Expiry: 2 Years
Training Options with Certification test
Slides with Audio: Yes
Avg Completion Time: 4 Hours / Course
Access: Online Access for 60 Days
Certificate of Completion: Yes
This format is a self-study environment that delivers the course content in a professionally narrated streaming format with self-paced slide information.
What are my Other Options to get Certified?
Virtual Live Instructor-led Online: Our Instructor uses Zoom or WebEx for virtual classroom training. You will follow the same schedule as the classroom course and will be able to interact with the trainer and other delegates. Take the class from home, office, or on the move. View Schedule
If you are a group of more than 20 employees and want an instructor to provide this live online training through WebEx/Zoom then contact us for a quote.
Onsite Private Group Training: One day of onsite training to meet your learning objectives and learning goals for all the employees. Contact us for a quote.
To add CCAP certification credential to your LinkedIn profile, visit https://lnkd.in/binRJ4d&trk=email_url
If you have any questions, feel free to call us at 515-865-4591 or send us an email at Bob@hipaatraining.net
Certified CyberSecurity Awareness Professional Testimonials
Learned more detailed information on how to keep myself and my organization safe from a cyber threat.
This course is a true tour de force when it comes to cybersecurity. The sponsors focus on the issues and threats that impact on all of us. How, and to what extent, you implement the information and advice provided will depend on your needs, risk tolerance, and ability to withstand the consequences should a threat materialize. The material is well organized and paced in such a way that the “student” has time to make notes. Whether you are a student, a person responsible for a household, retiree, employee, corporate official, or security officer, you will find the material here you can understand and, importantly, put to use immediately in your cyberenvironment.
Theodore J. Cohen, PhD
I enjoyed getting the training from your team. It is always great information and with CCAP it did build confidence in my knowledge and what I needed to learn and what’s out in the world when it comes to Cyber Security.
Luis C Delgado
Manager of network infrastructure services for the city of Grand Prairie
“Over the past year I have taken several online courses from the Supremus Group and found them to be excellent. The content is extremely relevant and up to date. I have used much of what I learned already to the benefit of my employer (a large government organization). I highly recommend them and urge everyone interested to take their courses. You will be happy you did!”
Ben Sanchez, Information Systems Administrator
The test really made me think about how to approach certain risks. Great information.
Good content. Easy to understand
Overall I felt it was a good course.
This was very informative! I would recommend to others.
Great course! I really enjoyed all of the information that I got from this course.
Great course and very informative. Thank you.
This was an intense course! Tons and tons of information. I liked the recap at the end, that was very helpful to solidify all the information in my brain.
It was clear and straight to the point.
I am glad to have taken this course to get a better understanding of cybersecurity awareness to carry on throughout my career and spread onto others.
Very well taught and laid out, would recommend to others.
This course was great! Very informative. A great reminder to us all to keep information safe.
I love the information that was shared. I will share this along with my family and friends to make them more knowledgeable. Thanks enjoyed it!!!
This was a rather challenging course! Glad to have been through the training and have the knowledge to be able to protect my company thoroughly in the future.
Great and inclusive training, thank you!
Thank you for the course it is very helpful
Thank you your course was very useful in understanding the security concepts
Mohamed Aashiq Ali S M
Very thorough presentation with clear examples and strategies to avoid risk.
Well explained and easy to understand. Very nice option for EVERYONE interested in knowing more about preventing cyberattacks at work or at home.