Continuing Education Requirements After Getting Certified:
All certified professionals are required to take Cyber Security Awareness For Employees within 1 month of getting certified. You can take this training before or after getting certified. If you are a cybersecurity professional, you can request an exception (provide the reason why you should not take the training and provide your cybersecurity certification credentials) to take this training but you will have to complete the test.
Course Name: CyberSecurity Awareness For Employees
Description: OCR is focusing on cybersecurity awareness for the covered entities and business associates after the FBI issued a warning for the healthcare industry. This training is a continuing education course needed for all HIPAA certifications (CHPSE, CHPE, and CHSE) professionals to maintain their credentials. This is a non-technical course and anyone can take it. There are no prerequisites for it.
Students learn how hackers use social engineering tools like spoofing, Deceptive Phishing, W2 Phishing, Search Engine Phishing, Pharming, Spear Phishing, Whaling / CEO Fraud, Vishing, SMiSHing, Dropbox Phishing, Google Docs Phishing, Image Phishing, Piggybacking, Dumpster diving, Eavesdropping and many more on company employees. With different types of Malware like Computer viruses, Worms, Trojan horses, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, Scareware, Keylogger, etc., you want to be aware of threats around you. The overall goal is to protect you from financial losses, identity theft, and damage to your reputation caused due to breaches of security by criminals.
Cost: Included with the HIPAA training cost. You need to buy a Certified Cybersecurity Awareness Professional (CCAP) certification exam if needed.
Course outline: Visit Here
Once a year all students will have to go through one hour of update course (normal cost $99) which will include relevant regulation changes and other OCR/HHS activities on compliance and enforcement.
To maintain your HIPAA certification, you will continue taking updated courses when they are released. You will receive a new certificate when your certificate will expire if you have taken all required update courses. You will NOT be required to take any test if you have taken the updated courses regularly.
Certificate for Continuing Education Credits:
Students can buy a CE credits certificate for this course at the time of registration. You will receive 25 CE credits for this course through the Approved Provider of California Board of Registered Nursing after completing the course.
Cost of online training and CHPSE® certification test: $1299 (Additional Options to buy: $319.99 printed manual, $99 CHPSE® practice test, $250 two hours of Instructor support, $180 unlimited CHPSE® exam attempts)
CHPSE® Certification Test: $180 per attempt
Online HIPAA Privacy Security Certification Test:
You are tested after you complete the full course. You need to pass the 81 questions test (3 questions per chapter, 5 minutes per chapter to answer the questions) with 70% to receive the HIPAA certification of Certified HIPAA Privacy Security Expert (CHPSE®)
This Online HIPAA Certification test is for 2 hours and 10 minutes only. You get 5 minutes per chapter to answer three questions from each chapter.
Test Format: Multiple Choice Questions.
CHPSE Course Outline:
Chapter 1 – Introduction to HIPAA
- Topic A: Introduction to HIPAA
- Topic B: Administrative Simplification
- Topic C: Violation Penalties
- Topic D: Advisory & Regulatory Organizations
- Topic E: Definitions & Terminology
Chapter 2 – Transactions & Code Sets Overview
- Topic A: Transactions & code sets overview
Chapter 3 – Advanced Transactions and Code Sets
- Topic A: ANSI ASC X12 & NCPCP standards
Chapter 4 – Code Sets & National Identifiers
- Topic A: Code Sets
- Topic B: National Health Care Identifiers
Chapter 5 – Privacy & Security Basics
- Topic A: HIPAA & Health Data Exchange
- Topic B: Planning for Privacy Compliance
- Topic C: Planning for Security Compliance
- Topic D: Example Compliance Framework
Chapter 6 – Privacy Rule Basics
- Topic A: Privacy Rule Introduction
Chapter 7 – Organizational & Individual Responsibilities
- Topic A: Organizational Requirements & Relationships
- Topic B: Individual Privacy Rights
Chapter 8 – Notice of Privacy Practices
- Topic A: Notice of Privacy Practices & Authorizations
Chapter 9 – Privacy Uses and disclosures
- Topic A: Uses and Disclosures: General
- Topic B: Uses and Disclosures: Treatment, Payment, and Health Care Operations (TPO)
- Topic C: Uses and Disclosures: Public Purposes
Chapter 10 – Privacy Safeguards
Chapter 11 – Overview of the Security Rule
- Topic A: Security Rule Scope Overview
- Topic B: Threats to Business Information
- Topic C: Security Terminology & Categories
- Topic D: Administrative Safeguards
- Topic E: Physical Safeguards
- Topic F: Technical Safeguards
- Topic G: Organizational Requirements
- Topic H: Policies, Procedures, & Documentation Standards
Chapter 12 –Security Rule – Threats and Technology Options
- Topic A: Security Threats
- Topic B: Security Technology Options
Chapter 13 – Advanced Administrative Safeguards
- Topic A: Security Awareness and Training
- Topic B: Security Incident Procedures
- Topic C: Contingency Plans
- Topic D: Evaluation
- Topic E: Business Associate Agreements and Other Written Arrangements
Chapter 14 – Security Physical Safeguards
- Topic A: Security Rule Physical Safeguards
Chapter 15 – Advanced Physical Safeguards
- Topic A: Requirements
- Topic B: Facility Access Controls
- Topic C: Workstation Use and Security
- Topic D: Specific Steps – Physical Security Implementation
Chapter 16 – Data & Media Management
- Topic A: Device and Media Controls
Chapter 17 – General Technical Safeguards
- Topic A: Requirements
- Topic B: Access Control
- Topic C: Audit Controls
- Topic D: Integrity
- Topic E: Person or Entity Authentication
- Topic F: Transmission Security
Chapter 18 –Advanced Technical Safeguards
- Topic A: Transmission security
- Topic B: TCP/IP network infrastructure
- Topic C: Firewall systems
- Topic D: Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Topic E: Wireless transmission security
- Topic F: Encryption
- Topic H: Case study: General Security Recommendations
Chapter 19 – Digital Signatures and Certs
- Topic A: Requirements
- Topic B: Digital signatures
- Topic C: Digital certificates
- Topic D: Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
Chapter 20 – Security Policy and Standards
- Topic A: Threats, risk management, and policy
- Topic B: ISO/IEC-27002 security standards
- Topic C: Security policy considerations
- Topic D: Sample security policy documents
Chapter 21 – HITECH Act and Red Flag Rule
- Topic A: The HITECH Act
- Topic B: The Red Flags Rule
Chapter 22 – The Omnibus Rule
- Breach Notification Rule
- New Limits on Uses and Disclosures of PHI
- Business Associates
- Increased Patient Rights
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Increased Enforcement
- Program Updating
Chapter 23 – Healthcare and Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing: What it is, Why It Matters and How it is Used
- Key Drivers and Characteristics
- Examination of the Benefits, Threats, and Risks of Using Cloud Computing
- Examining the HIPAA Regulatory Issues Associated with Using Cloud Computing
- DHHS Guidance on Cloud Computing – Questions and Answers
Chapter 24 – HIPAA Compliance and Enforcement
- Topic A: Compliance Enforcement
Chapter 25 – Social Media, Mobile Technology, and Big Data
- Topic A: Social Media
- Topic B: Mobile Technology
- Topic C: Big Data
- Topic D: Applications in Healthcare
- Topic E: Privacy and Security in the Digital Universe
Chapter 26 – HIPAA Compliance Solutions Part 1
- Risk Analysis
- Audit Program – Annual and Periodic
Chapter 26 – HIPAA Compliance Solutions Part 2
- Secure Transmission of PHI
- Policy & Procedure Development
- Training – More Than Just an Annual Workshop
- Disaster Recovery/Emergency Mode Operations Plan
Chapter 27 – Annual Updates and Guidance
- HIPAA 2021: A Review
- HIPAA 2022: A Look Ahead
- HIPAA 2022: A Brief Recap
- HIPAA 2022 and What Lies Ahead
- Special Topic: Information Blocking
The above training will prepare you for HIPAA Certification of Certified HIPAA Privacy Security Expert:
CHPSE Testimonials on LinkedIn
Thank you for the valuable assistance you provided me while I train to become HIPAA Certified for my position as Health Information Manager for Bois Forte Reservation Health and Human Service Department. As a new Health Information Manager for two small tribal community clinics, I was seeking a reputable training organization to obtain my certification for HIPAA Privacy and Security Official. I conducted my research and sought out further assistance from coworkers in the field. My Health and Human Services Director provided me with a website for the Supremus Group along with a few other training options. It was a daunting task to determine which training was reputable, comprehensive and priced right. My knowledge of HIPAA was basic and the requirements for my job would require me to get additional and comprehensive training. I zeroed in on the Supremus Group as they offered the most flexibility and best options for receiving my certification. I could attend a class in person, do an online class with or without an instructor. The cost was manageable and appeared to be the most comprehensive training available. To save money and time I opted to complete the online training and purchased the in-depth manual for reference materials. The online course covered all the information I would need and the delivery method was appropriate for an online course. Each chapter provided concise chunks of information making it easier to absorb and understand. The structure for the training was clear, logical and effective indicating much thought and expertise went into designing this comprehensive online training. The exam was extremely comprehensive. The test questions challenged the learner to know and be secure in their answers.
I would recommend this training to become certified in HIPAA, Privacy, and/or Security. They have a number of different products and training that I will be sharing with my own network of professionals working in the field.
Health Information Manager
Bois Forte Band of Chippewa
Health Information Manager
The range of information is much wider than I expected and I appreciate the level and depth of the materials. I have much better insight into what is required for security and privacy matters.
It was an excellent course and I highly recommend it for HIPAA Officers/Compliance Officers who need a good refresher.
Overall training was very informative, and it was very helpful having an unlimited attempt to take the CHPSE. It is a certification that I would recommend to anyone.
This course provided a great foundation upon which I can continue to build my knowledge in regard to HIPAA and HIPAA compliance. I had very little knowledge prior to taking this course so I can say with confidence that even the most novice level folks can take this course and it will provide innumerable benefits.
CHPSE online course and training manual both are well designed to train a beginner as well as an experienced personnel. A lot of practical issues are nicely embedded to portray a clear broader view. HIPAA compliance is a must for today’s healthcare industry and Supremus Group LLC courses offer the right training to achieve the goal.
I just recently completed the Certified HIPAA Privacy and Security Training with your company. It was very convenient for me because it allowed me to complete it as I had time. It was Very informative. As a new Compliance Office starting up our compliance department, I gained a wealth of knowledge. I would recommend this training to anyone wanting to be fully trained on all aspects of Privacy and Security.
Boston Mountain Rural Health Center, Inc,
HIPAA Compliance Officer
Completing the Certified HIPAA Privacy Security Expert (CHPSE) course has been a challenging and growing experience. The course covers a vast amount of information but is flexible and allows you to complete at your convenience. This is a resource I intend to use as I move forward in my role on our HIPAA team. I also feel it necessary to mention the customer service from the Supremus Group during this process. They have responded to all questions promptly and with the information requested. I would recommend this training to anyone looking to expand their knowledge and understanding of HIPAA Privacy and Security rules and requirements.
HR Operations Coordinator
Kforce Professional Staffing
The Supremus Group’s HIPAA Privacy Security Expert (CHPSE) program was a very challenging experience. The training programs provided covered the full spectrum of knowledge necessary for HIPAA Compliance. As a Security and Network Architecure Consultant, the program challenged my skills and allowed me to attain a certification that will allow me to provide a higher quality of service to my clients and it gives a professional certification to show my mutual investment as a Business Associate.
HIPAA Training.net is an amazing company. Their main goal is to help you succeed and obtain the HIPAA certification that you need. The course is comprehensive and comprised of the highest level of knowledge in HIPAA. If you need to complete a certification in HIPAA Privacy and Security, get it from this company. Bob and Mike are great, very helpful, and considerate. I highly recommend this company and it’s very cost-effective. I am now recognized as CHPA and CHPSE.
Thank you HIPAATraining.net!
Thanks so much! The course was very informative and helped tremendously with the implementation of a HIPAA compliance program within our pharma and healthcare vertical.
The course has provided me with the knowledge and necessary guidance to understand and interpret the requirements of the very complex HIPAA regulations. The course has gone far beyond other courses in addressing the specific tools and framework you can use to comply with the regulations. I recommend this course for anyone looking to navigate their way through HIPAA.
The course itself covered practical material which is helpful for real life application.
Great course! I appreciated all of the detail you included with each of the modules.
Michael A Fabrizio
Overall the course was very useful. It would have been helpful to understand when enrolling why the book was necessary. I ordered mine after enrolling and wish I would have ordered it at the beginning.
If you have any questions with reference to the course or online HIPAA certification test, feel free to contact us at Bob@hipaatraining.net or call us at 515-865-4591.
Online Anytime HIPAA Compliance Training (level 1 & 2) course is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 2265 users.