This course is an annual briefing on the impact of HIPAA, HITECH, Omnibus on Mental Health Providers. This is recommended for all employees of Mental Health Providers having access to protected health information (PHI) and who need awareness training in HIPAA privacy and security rules.
Any single individual who works or will work in the future for an organization is involved in the direct medical treatment of patients involving mental health.
Psychologists, Mental health counselors, Psychiatrists, Addiction counselors, Psychoanalysts, Clinical social workers, Psychiatric nurses, Behavioral services, Psychotherapists, Mental health programs, Family and marriage counselors, Religious counselors, Art therapists, Psychiatric Pharmacists, etc.
Mental Health Providers Course Outline:
- The HIPAA Timeline
- HIPAA Titles and Their Relationships
- Definitions: PRIVACY & Security Objectives
- Definition: Health information
- Definition: Identifiers
- Definition: Health Information
- Health Information: Sets and Subsets
- Information Covered: Privacy Rule
- Information Covered: Security Rule
- Minimum Necessary
- Before PHI is Used or Disclosed
- Required Retention Documentation
- Civil Penalties
- Criminal Penalties
- HIPAA Security Rule – Overview
- Administrative Standards
- Additional Standards
- Covered Entities
- Business Associates
- Contracting Arrangements
- Rules for the BA’s
- Business Associate Agreements
- Agenda – Provider Close-Up: Mental Health Professionals
- Mental Health Professionals
- Authorization versus Consent
- Authorization Requirements
- Defective Authorizations
- Permissible Activities and Patient Options
- Agenda: The Year in Review: Investigations and Breaches
- Breach Notification Requirements
- Examples of Breaches
- Breaches & Fines
- Recent Healthplan Breaches
- Lessons – Learned?
- Event Response & Risk Assessment
- Quick Review
- What the Future May Hold
- Next Steps
- Supremus HIPAA Certifications
- Have Questions?
Free Mental Health Providers Training Demo
Mental Health Providers Sample Certificate
Print your HIPAA certification immediately online upon successful completion of each course
- 24 x 7 access from anywhere for self-paced online courses
- One course for $25 to meet privacy and security awareness training requirement
- Courses created by HIPAA Expert with practical compliance experience and security expert
- Course updated for HITECH, Omnibus rule, meaningful use, and breach notification
- Instantly print or download Nationally Recognized Certificates
- Complete your course in one hour and get certification
- Online course with audio and PowerPoint slides for easy understanding of training
- American Disability Act (ADA) compliant course format and delivery
- 56 pages printed color manual available for purchase
- Online courses compatible with windows, apple, iPad, and other tablets
- Option to upgrade to Certified HIPAA Privacy Associate (CHPA) credential. Spanish Version is available too for CHPA.
- Complete compliance solution available based on your specific needs
- Unlimited Phone and Email Support
Mental Health Providers HIPAA Awareness Certification Test
Students are only tested once upon completion of the course and they have to reach a 60% pass mark from the 10-question test for them to receive the Mental Health Providers HIPAA Awareness Training Certification. The exam can be repeated till the student passes the test.
The test normally takes 10 minutes and it can be taken multiple times till you pass the test. Once you pass your test you can print out your certificate immediately.
Test Format: Multiple Choice Questions.
We can skillfully assist you in determining your HIPAA training need, and the best training combination for employee learning objectives to meet the HIPAA regulatory requirements and prepare the HIPAA compliance team.
Certificate for Continuing Education Credits:
Students can buy a CE credits certificate for this course at the time of registration. You will receive 2 CE credits for this course through the Approved Provider of the California Board of Registered Nursing after completing the course.
Training Courses For OSHA And Medicare
-Select Your Course Version-
GLOBALLY HARMONIZED SYSTEM (GHS) FOR HAZARD COMMUNICATION30 minutes. $25 (self-paced with audio)
MEDICAL FRAUD, WASTE & ABUSE COURSE FOR MEDICARE / MEDICAID1 1/2 hours. $25 (self-paced with audio)
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS TRAINING1 hour. $25 (self-paced with audio)
SOCIAL ENGINEERING CYBERSECURITY AWARENESS COURSE FOR ALL EMPLOYEES4 hours. $45 (self-paced with audio)
Please contact us for more information at Bob@hipaatraining.net or call (515) 865-4591
Very informative, great way to learn about the details of HIPAA and how it relates to the mental health aspect.
I thought the training was thorough and appreciated the learnings!
Everything was great. I recommend this program for certification for HIPAA.
Getting certified by HIPAA is daunting at first, but after a little bit of focus and review, the benefit of seeking education in these areas becomes more and more apparent. I appreciate the condensed materials offered in the lecture and the multiple attempts available to take the test, allowing space for myself to learn and digest the content.
This was a very informative course
I thought this was a good training
Great course, easy to access and take test at convenience.
Information was helpful for my job as mental health professional
This was a very intensive but extremely important course. I felt it’s gravity and importance. Good course.
The content was excellent. The language and communication of the presenter was great and I learned a lot. This training was helpful! Thank you
Test was easy to understand and accommodating since you can retake the test as much as needed.
Very helpful & insightful. Will be using this information in the future.
Very interesting course. The information was presented in an efficient manner with detailed explanations.
Mental Health Providers HIPAA Awareness Training course is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 396 users.