Continuing Education Requirements After Getting Certified:
Once a year, all students will have to go through one hour of update course, which will include relevant regulation changes and other OCR/HHS activities on compliance and enforcement.
To maintain your certification, you will continue taking updated courses when they are released. You will receive a new certificate when your certificate expires if you have taken all required update courses. You will NOT be required to take any test if you have taken the updated courses regularly.
Certificate for Continuing Education Credits:
Students can buy a CE credits certificate for this course at the time of registration. You will receive 15 CE credits for this course through the Approved Provider of California Board of Registered Nursing after completing the course.
Free Online HIPAA Training Demo
Cost of online training and CHPE® certification test: $648 (Additional Options to buy: $319.99 printed manual, $75 CHPE® practice test, $250 two hours of Instructor support, $150 unlimited CHPE® exam attempts)
CHPE® Certification Test Only: $150 per attempt
HIPAA Privacy Regulation Certification Test:
You are tested after you complete the full course. You need to pass the 39 questions test (3 questions per chapter, 5 minutes per chapter to answer the questions) with 70% to receive the HIPAA certification of Certified HIPAA Privacy Expert (CHPE®)
This test is for 1 hour 5 minutes only. You get 5 minutes per chapter to answer three questions from each chapter.
Test Format: Multiple Choice Questions.
CHPE Course Outline:
Chapter 1 – HIPAA Basics
- Understand the purpose of HIPAA legislation
- Review the HIPAA Administrative Simplification title
- Review non-compliance penalties (civil and criminal)
- Review key organizations associated with administering HIPAA Administrative Simplification provisions
- Review HIPAA-related terminology and definitions
Chapter 2 – Transactions & Code Sets Overview
- Understand motivation and drivers behind requiring HIPAA standard transactions and code sets
Chapter 3 – Transactions – ANSI X12 and NCPDP
- Examine the ANSI ASC X12 & NCPDP transactions
Chapter 4 – Code Sets & National Identifiers
- Understand the code sets approved for use with HIPAA-covered transactions
- Understand national identifiers that have been adopted or may be adopted to identify entities or individuals in HIPAA-covered transactions
Chapter 5 – HIPAA and Health Data – Security & Privacy Requirements
- Describe how HIPAA relates to health information exchange
- Identify the steps for compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Rules
- Identify the steps for compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule
- Review compliance framework
Chapter 6 – HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Understand the core requirements, key terms, and concepts of the Privacy Rule
Chapter 7 – HIPAA Privacy Rules – Organizational & Individual Relationships, Rights & Responsibilities
- Understand Organizational Relationships
- Explain Individual Privacy Rights
Chapter 8 – Privacy Rule – Notice of Privacy Practices
- Understand HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices (Notice) and Authorization requirements and how to draft and distribute paper and electronic Notices of Privacy Practices and appropriately use an Authorization
Chapter 9 – Privacy Rule – Uses and disclosures of PHI
- Understand the general rules regarding the use and disclosure of PHI
- Understand the rules regarding disclosure for treatment, payment, and health care operations
- Understand the rules regarding disclosure for public purposes
Chapter 10 – Privacy Rule – Safeguards
- Understand the necessary safeguards to comply with the HIPAA Privacy Rule security requirements and appropriate privacy practices
Chapter 11 – HIPAA Security Rule – Overview
- Describe the scope of the HIPAA Security Rule.
- Understand threats and attacks health care enterprises are vulnerable to
- Define key security terminology, concepts, and categories
- Describe administrative safeguards implementation specifications.
- Describe physical safeguards implementation specifications.
- Explain technical safeguards implementation specifications.
- Describe organizational requirements.
- Describe the policies and procedures standards, as well as the documentation standards.
Chapter 12 – American Recovery & Reinvestment Act
- American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA), Title XIII, Subpart D Overview (HITECH)
- Business Associates New Requirements
- Breach Notification Requirements
- New Privacy & Security Requirements
- Increased Enforcement & Penalties
- Federal Reporting & Resource Requirements
- Compliance Tips
Chapter 13 – The Omnibus Rule
- Omnibus Rule Background
- Breach Notification Rule
- New Limits on Uses and Disclosures of PHI
- Business Associates
- Increased Patient Rights
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Increased Enforcement
- Update Action Considerations
Chapter 14 – 2018 Annual HIPAA Certification CE Credits
- The Year in Review – Breaches and Events
- Updates for 2018: Special Topics
- A Request for Information from OCR
- Recommended Actions
Total Number of Slides – 507
Length of course: 15 Hours
The above training will prepare you for HIPAA Certification of Certified HIPAA Privacy Expert: