This course is an annual briefing on the impact of HIPAA, HITECH, Omnibus on Research Organizations and Activities. This is recommended for all employees of Research Organizations and Activities having access to protected health information (PHI) and who need awareness training in HIPAA privacy and security rules.
For HIPAA purposes “Research” is defined as any systematic investigation (including research development, testing, and evaluation) that has as its primary purpose the development of, or contribution to, generalizable knowledge. This is intended to cover human subject research involving IIHI, not research on data that have been de-identified in accordance with 45 CFR 164.502(d), and 164.514(a)-(c).
A university that conducts human subject research projects, an independent research organization, medical schools, Laboratories doing research, pharmaceutical companies, and others.
Research Organizations and Activities HIPAA Awareness Course Outline:
- Refresher on HIPAA
- Definition: Health information
- Health Information: Sets and Subsets
- Covered Entities
- Business Associates
- Contracting Arrangements
- Information Covered: Privacy Rule
- Information Covered: Security Rule
- Minimum Necessary
- HIPAA Security Rule – Overview
- Administrative Standards
- Additional Standards
- Rules for the BA’s
- Business Associate Agreements
- Business Associate: BA Agreements
- Civil Penalties
- Criminal Penalties
- HIPAA Entity Close-up: Research Organizations and Activities
- HIPAA Entity: Research Activities
- Examples of potential exposures:
- Examples of required steps and possible solutions:
- Points to remember
- Yesterday: Review: Breaches & Fines
- Previous Breaches & Fines
- Lessons – Learned?
- Event Response & Risk Assessment
- Tomorrow: What the Future May Hold
- Audits: Planned Approach & Expectations
- Outcomes and Trends
- Next Steps
Free Research Organizations and Activities Training Demo
Research Organizations and Activities Sample Certificate
Print your HIPAA certification immediately online upon successful completion of each course
- 24 x 7 access from anywhere for self-paced online courses
- One course for $25 to meet privacy and security awareness training requirement
- Courses created by HIPAA Expert with practical compliance experience and security expert
- Course updated for HITECH, Omnibus rule, meaningful use, and breach notification
- Instantly print or download Nationally Recognized Certificates
- Complete your course in one hour and get certification
- Online course with audio and PowerPoint slides for easy understanding of training
- American Disability Act (ADA) compliant course format and delivery
- 56 pages printed color manual available for purchase
- Online courses compatible with windows, apple, iPad, and other tablets
- Option to upgrade to Certified HIPAA Privacy Associate (CHPA) credential. Spanish Version is available too for CHPA.
- Complete compliance solution available based on your specific needs
- Unlimited Phone and Email Support
Research Organizations and Activities HIPAA Awareness Certification Test
Students are only tested once upon completion of the course and they have to reach a 60% pass mark from the 10-question test for them to receive the Research Organizations and Activities HIPAA Awareness Training Certification. The exam can be repeated till the student passes the test.
The test normally takes 10 minutes and it can be taken multiple times till you pass the test. Once you pass your test you can print out your certificate immediately.
Test Format: Multiple Choice Questions.
We can skillfully assist you in determining your HIPAA training need, and the best training combination for employee learning objectives to meet the HIPAA regulation requirements and prepare the HIPAA compliance team.
Certificate for Continuing Education Credits:
Students can buy a CE credits certificate for this course at the time of registration. You will receive one CE credit for this course through the Approved Provider of California Board of Registered Nursing after completing the course.
Very informative and helpful in keeping my company aware and compliant.
Very informative and well explained
Pui C Lo
Training Courses For OSHA And Medicare
-Select Your Course Version-
GLOBALLY HARMONIZED SYSTEM (GHS) FOR HAZARD COMMUNICATION30 minutes. $25 (self-paced with audio)
MEDICAL FRAUD, WASTE & ABUSE COURSE FOR MEDICARE / MEDICAID1 1/2 hours. $25 (self-paced with audio)
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS TRAINING1 hour. $25 (self-paced with audio)
SOCIAL ENGINEERING CYBERSECURITY AWARENESS COURSE FOR ALL EMPLOYEES4 hours. $45 (self-paced with audio)
Please contact us for more information at Bob@hipaatraining.net or call (515) 865-4591
Research Organizations and Activities HIPAA Awareness Training course is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 28 users.