HIPAA Security Training: Learning Objectives
This training offers advanced competency in designing, implementing, and administering comprehensive security protection programs in all types of healthcare organizations. From this training, you will learn the following about HIPAA.
- Understand new updates to the HIPAA rule due to ARRA’s HITECH Act and Omnibus rule published in 2013.
- Review specific requirements and implementation features within each security category.
- Learn how to plan and prepare for HIPAA compliance.
- Understand all required and addressable HIPAA Security implementation specifications.
- Analyze international security standards: NIST, ISO’s 27002, and the BS 7799.
- Review core elements of a Security Policy document for a health care entity.
- Identify core elements of a compliance plan that every health care entity is required to develop for business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Crosswalk between NIST, SOX, ISO, and HIPAA requirements.