We have created a Small Business HIPAA Security Contingency Plan Template Suite that includes a Disaster Recovery Plan and Business Continuity suite for small businesses employing less than 50 employees. There is always a discussion about why does a small business need a Business Continuity plan?
The objectives of business continuity planning include minimizing interruptions to the business’s ability to provide its products and/or services, minimizing financial loss, and being able to resume critical operations within a specified time after a disaster. Business Continuity Planning (BCP) involves devising a plan that guards against business disruption in case of unforeseen events and disasters. Events include local incidents like building fires, regional incidents like floods & earthquakes, or national incidents like pandemic illnesses. A well-thought-out business continuity plan can mean the difference between your business’s survival and failure in the event of a crisis.
Business Continuity (BC) planning is a process of planning ahead to ensure that your business remains unaffected by events that would normally lead to serious interruption or even failure. It creates a plan that management and staff can rely on as a road map to get back up and running as quickly as possible eliminating/minimizing losses in the event of an emergency situation.
Benefits of Creating a Business Continuity Plan:
- Meet the compliance requirement of government legislation.
- Effective business continuity management can help businesses demonstrate that they are managing their business risks and so help to secure lower insurance premiums.
- A business continuity plan will show your investors that you take the business seriously, that you are prepared, and desire to maintain productivity regardless of difficulty.
- Having a BC plan can help get you more business. If you own a small business and hope to become a supplier or subcontractor to a Fortune 1000 company or certain government entities, you will quickly find that they require your company to have a BC plan before awarding you any contract.
- A business continuity plan can significantly reduce your losses if ever you are hit by a disaster.
Our complete template suite for Business Continuity Plan for Small Businesses includes the following templates:
Business Impact Analysis
- Enterprise Business Impact Analysis Survey – Short (15 pages)
- Example – BIA Survey Short Version (13 pages)
- Guide to Conducting a Business Impact Analysis (27 pages)
Department Recovery Plan
- Department Recovery Plan Template (28 pages)
- Guide to Documenting Department Continuity Plans (19 pages)
- Example Plans – Accounting Recovery Plan (27 pages)
- Example Plans – Corporate Communications Recovery Plan (25 pages)
- Example Plans – Human Resources Recovery Plan (26 pages)
Disaster (Technology) Recovery Plan
- Disaster Recovery Plan Template (47 pages)
- Example – Disaster Recovery Plan (42 pages)
- Guide to Documenting Disaster Recovery Plans (25 pages)
Data Backup Plan
- Data Backup Plan Template (18 pages)
- Data Backup Plan Development Guide (11 pages)
- Example Data Backup Plan (19 pages)
Policy & Standards
- Business Impact Analysis Policy & Standards (24 pages)
- Department Planning Policy & Standards (23 pages)
- Disaster Recovery (Technology) Planning Policy & Standards (35 pages)
- Guide to Updating Policies & Standards (5 pages)
- Risk Assessment Policy & Standards (19 pages)
- Example – Risk Assessment Worksheet (15 Worksheets)
- Guide to Conducting a Risk Assessment (21 pages)
- Preventative measures (6 pages)
- Risk Assessment Worksheet (15 Worksheets)
- Contingency Planning Process (16 pages)
- Selecting and Implementing Recovery Strategies (19 pages)
- Types of Contingency Plans (9 pages)
- Guidance for using Template Suite – Small Business (13 pages)
- Project Plan Tasks (6 Worksheets)
Total Cost: $549
To view specific section of this document, please contact us at Bob@hipaatraining.net or call us at (515) 865-4591.