This course is an annual briefing on the impact of HIPAA, HITECH, Omnibus on Group Health Plans. This is recommended for all employees of health plans to have access to protected health information (PHI) and who need awareness training in HIPAA privacy and security rules.
Any single individual who works in HR benefits staff for an organization involved in sponsoring and managing group health plan benefits for its employees.
HR benefits staff for employers who sponsor group health plans (self-insured and fully insured) for their employees such as medical health plans, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, etc.
Group Health Plans HIPAA Awareness Course Outline:
- HIPAA Titles and Their Relationships
- Definitions: PRIVACY & Security Objectives
- Definition: Health information
- Definition: Identifiers
- Definition: Health Information
- Health Information: Sets and Subsets
- Information Covered: Privacy Rule
- Information Covered: Security Rule
- Minimum Necessary
- Before PHI is Used or Disclosed
- Required Retention Documentation
- Civil Penalties
- Criminal Penalties
- HIPAA Security Rule – Overview
- Administrative Standards
- Additional Standards
- Covered Entities
- Business Associates
- Contracting Arrangements
- Rules for the BA’s
- Business Associate Agreements
- Agenda – Provider Close-Up: Group Health plans
- Provider: Group Health plans
- Authorization versus Consent
- Permissible Activities
- Authorization Requirements
- Defective Authorizations
- Permissible Activities and Patient Options
- Agenda – The Year in Review: Investigations and Breaches
- Examples of Breaches
- Breaches & Fines
- Recent Healthplan Breaches
- Lessons – Learned?
- Agenda – Today: Where Attention is Needed
- Event Response & Risk Assessment
- Quick Review
- Agenda – Tomorrow: What the Future May Hold
- Next Steps
Free Group Health Plans Training Demo
Group Health Plans Sample Certificate
Print your HIPAA certification immediately online upon successful completion of each course
Group Health Plans Course Features
- 24 x 7 access from anywhere for self-paced online courses
- One course for $25 to meet privacy and security awareness training requirement
- Courses created by HIPAA Expert with practical compliance experience and security expert
- Course updated for HITECH, Omnibus rule, meaningful use, and breach notification
- Instantly print or download Nationally Recognized Certificates
- Complete your course in one hour and get certification
- Online course with audio and PowerPoint slides for easy understanding of training
- American Disability Act (ADA) compliant course format and delivery
- 56 pages printed color manual available for purchase
- Online courses compatible with windows, apple, iPad, and other tablets
- Option to upgrade to Certified HIPAA Privacy Associate (CHPA) credential. Spanish Version is available too for CHPA.
- Complete compliance solution available based on your specific needs
- Unlimited Phone and Email Support
Group Health Plans HIPAA Awareness Certification Test
Students are only tested once upon completion of the course and they have to reach a 60% pass mark from the 10-question test for them to receive the Group Health Plans HIPAA Awareness Training Certification. The exam can be repeated till the student passes the test.
The test normally takes 10 minutes and it can be taken multiple times till you pass the test. Once you pass your test you can print out your certificate immediately.
Test Format: Multiple Choice Questions.
We can skillfully assist you in determining your HIPAA training need, and the best training combination for employee learning objectives to meet the HIPAA regulation requirements and prepare the HIPAA compliance team.
Certificate for Continuing Education Credits:
Students can buy a CE credits certificate for this course at the time of registration. You will receive 1.5 CE credit for this course through the Approved Provider of California Board of Registered Nursing after completing the course.
Training Courses For OSHA And Medicare
-Select Your Course Version-
GLOBALLY HARMONIZED SYSTEM (GHS) FOR HAZARD COMMUNICATION30 minutes. $25 (self-paced with audio)
MEDICAL FRAUD, WASTE & ABUSE COURSE FOR MEDICARE / MEDICAID1 1/2 hours. $25 (self-paced with audio)
BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS TRAINING1 hour. $25 (self-paced with audio)
SOCIAL ENGINEERING CYBERSECURITY AWARENESS COURSE FOR ALL EMPLOYEES4 hours. $45 (self-paced with audio)
Please contact us for more information at Bob@hipaatraining.net or call (515) 865-4591
Group Health Plans HIPAA Awareness Training Course is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 792 users.